Rhythms in Life offers a variety of rhythm activities allowing you to experience how effortless it can be to “fall” into rhythm, and thus into the rhythm of your life. Discover the joy of letting go, and allowing “it” to flow more and more in your life.
Taiko is the Japanese word for drum. Some unique aspects of taiko drumming are the total visceral body sensation of hearing and feeling the vibrations of the taiko drum, and the exhilarating sensation of experiencing unison drumming. It’s as if all of your cells are being stimulated with rhythm. It is also fun to learn rhythms collectively in a group.
Workshops are well-suited for team-building; creativity and innovation; and an appreciation of the diversity of cultures and learning abilities. Taiko workshops can be tailored to suit your audience. Ms. Fong has over twenty-five years of teaching experience, having taught workshops throughout the East Coast and California.
- Corporate and collegiate workshops using rhythm to foster effective team-building habits and innovation;
- Rhythm and taiko classes are accessible to all ages and all levels of abilities;
Article on recent taiko workshop in Kittery, Maine: Nov. 2014 Portsmouth Herald – Kittery taiko workshop
Taiko lecture demonstrations
Ms. Fong has developed educational and entertaining school-based programs, leading well over 500 lecture demonstrations in schools throughout New England and California. Educational workshops and residencies on rhythm and taiko (Japanese drum) for K-12 schools provide students the opportunity to learn and engage in world music.
Ms. Fong offers solo percussion performances incorporating the varied aspects of her rhythm experience. She seeks collaborative projects with artists and groups, having composed music for theater, and for film, and having coached students in taiko percussion.
Ms. Fong has worked in the non-profit sector for over twenty-five years and can offer experience in the following:
- Cultural Database Project – experience in completing information for organizations in California and Massachusetts
- Fundraising – grantwriting and individual donor experience
- Bookkeeping – setting up organizational books in Quicken or Quickbooks
TaKeTiNa is a unique group process that facilitates a healthy and success-enhancing work rhythm and increases creativity, intuition and mental and physical vigor. As stress is dissipated, thought becomes clearer and quieter and leaves more room for original vision.
2017 partial list of events and activities
- Taiko classes and lecture demonstrations at schools in California and Massachusetts
- Taiko lecture demonstration at Huntington Co. (NH), at Berklee College of Music (Boston, MA)
- Premier of taiko composition, “My Mother’s Voice” as a solo (We Create Festival), as an ensemble work (East-bay Maze Daiko’s 10th anniversary concert), and as duet (Odaiko New England)
- Taketina workshops in Brewster, MA